Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Class of 2016

The last few days of school are always bittersweet. On the one hand, I can hardly keep from shoving them out the door. On the other hand, I lose my eighth graders to high school. They came to me middle school kiddos, and they leave practically grown up. Despite all of the hardships, I'm always proud of them at the end. It's kind of like giving birth ... you forget all the horrible parts and just remember the cute baby at the end. I hope they make something of themselves. I hope they go out into the world and make a difference. I hope they don't live up to their stereotypes. I hope they remember what it feels like to be the punchline in someone's joke and stand up for the little guy. I hope they remember everything I taught them. I hope they get to follow their dreams before they have to be all responsible and adult-like.

But most of all, I hope they find happiness, whatever that may be for them.

Good luck, Class of 2016! I will miss y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment