Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful

Thanks to my week-long Thanksgiving Break, I was able to attend my daughter's Thanksgiving feast at her preschool today. After watching an hour of her class, I am thankful for so many things:
I'm thankful my students can put their own clothes on.
I'm thankful my students can take care of their own potty needs.
I'm thankful I don't have to do playground duty when it's cold and damp outside.
I'm thankful that snack time doesn't automatically equal vacuum time in my room.
I'm thankful that I don't have the opportunity to laugh at something these small kids say and damage their self-esteem forever.

However, I'm also thankful that I got the opportunity to watch my daughter play with her friends.
I'm thankful that several of the children shared the process of making their projects with me.
I'm thankful that my daughter has really good table manners.
I'm thankful that my daughter gets a fantastic education from some of the best preschool teachers on the planet.

Finally, I'm thankful I get a week to recharge my batteries before the push to Christmas Break. I so needed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment