Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Do you get it now?

Reteaching ... it is my nightmare. I have a well-thought-out and planned schedule that I like to follow. My little calendar is all filled out with units and lessons, carefully scheduled around awards ceremonies and state testing, and I don't like to deviate from it. That being stated, there is always the reteach. There is always going to be some kiddo who doesn't get the skill that I need him to get. I never plan for the reteach. By now I should have learned my lesson, but I haven't. So, I could ignore it and move on, hoping he'll get it by osmosis along the way. (That would certainly fit into my planned calendar.) However, this almost always never happens, and I'm under obligation by my district's grading policy to stop and go back ... to RETEACH. This is so not how I wanted to spend the precious little time I have with these babies.

But Jimmy, who answered a question about symbolism with this gem: Mrs. Mallard's heart trouble is a symbol of her heart trouble, needs the opportunity to try again ... but first he has to go through the learning process ... again.

It throws off my whole week.

2 comments:

  1. Yup. Maybe Jimmy meant physical heart trouble is a symbol of her emotional heart trouble? ...?

    Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not according to his explanation.

    Loved your river post more the second time. I miss baby "thank you" cuddles ... the "mom, you're the best" cuddles.

    ReplyDelete